- It’s going to take time to gain a level of competency and knowledge.
- Don’t expect everything to “click” overnight.
- Realise you can’t know everything.
- Your head would explode so don’t worry about it !
- Focus on one thing at a time.
- Don’t worry about the latest ideas, tools etc. until you’ve finished the one you’re looking at. Getting side-tracked can make the process longer.
- Don’t just read about things – do them!
- Writing notes / working through examples helps things stick. I’m not good at reading books but if I can see and work through things visually I’m far more likely to get it.
- Practice coding. Write as much code as you can to help make things stick. This is particularly important when learning the fundamentals of a programming language.